The MongooseIM Platform provides solutions for high-scalability and high-performance messaging, social networking, and VoIP, for mobile/tablet and laptop/desktop computers. The products and services offered by the MongooseIM platform allow businesses and administrations to build apps, with high and sustainable acquisition, retention, and referral, through massive network effect.
Current state of the MongooseIM platform
The following components are a part of the MongooseIM platform, not only the XMPP/REST messaging server.
- MongoosePush: open source Push notifications server in Elixir
- MongooseICE: open source ICE/STUN/TURN server in Elixir
- Mangosta Android: chat and social client, sample app
- Mangosta iOS: chat and social client, sample app
- Mangosta Web? Mangosta Laptop (Windows, macOS, Linux)? Strophe.js? Stanza.io? React Native?
- MongooseIM: MongooseIM XMPP/REST messaging cluster
- exml: XML library
- escalus: Erlang XMPP client
- amoc: A Murder Of Crows, load injector
- Tide/CLT: Continuous Load Testing platform
- Smack: open source, third party library for Android
- XMPPFramework: open source, third party library for iOS
This is a previsional roadmap, so please note that the closer we get to an item, the more likely it is that something is going to change. The process we have decided on gives us the ability to react to change and demand in a lean and agile way, keeping the MongooseIM project truly opened to external inspiration and contribution. This means that while we are pretty confident with the plan for the near future, nothing is set in stone.
We are excited about the vision we have come up with, but want to improve it based on your ideas. Please contact us and tell us about what features and improvements do you see as valuable in your project.
MongooseIM 2.1.x: mobile focus, highly technical (2017Q2-Q3)
- Flexible push notifications architecture:
- XEP-0357: Push Notifications NEW
- Amazon AWS SNS (Simple Notification Service) NEW
- Full text search in archive (MAM)
- Experimental pipelining
- Instant Stream Resumption
- Bind 2.0 (experimental)
- Basic one-to-one VoIP (NAT traversal and media relaying with ICE/STUN/TURN server)
- Contributions to ecosystem
MongooseIM 3.0.x: chatbots and IoT (2017S2)
- Conversational model:
- In-chat forms (quick replies), for bots and humans: new ProtoXEP, sample implementations on server and clients
- Ephemeral messages?
- Foldable content?
- things provisioning?
- OCF certification?
- Embedded client?
- Cloud/fog focus?
- SASL 2.0?
- XEP-0376: Pubsub Account Management?
- Contributions? XEP-xxxx: Explicit Message Encryption?
MongooseIM 3.1.x: chatbots and IoT continuity, social (2018)
- XEP-0156: Discovering Alternative XMPP Connection Methods?
- XEP-0379: Pre-Authenticated Roster Subscription?
- Rich content
- Social networking improvements
Contribute to our roadmap
Our roadmap is build based on community feedback, customer demand and our own ideas. We would love to invite everyone to contribute their vision of where we should go next. No matter if you love, use or just know MongooseIM, share your passion and inspire the next steps of our journey.