The MongooseIM Platform provides solutions for high-scalability and high-performance mobile messaging, social networking, and VoIP. The products and services offered allow businesses and administrations to build apps with high acquisition, retention, and referral, through network effect.
This is a previsional roadmap, so please note that the closer we get to an item, the more likely it is that something is going to change. The process we have decided on gives us the ability to react to change and demand in a lean and agile way, keeping the MongooseIM project truly opened to external inspiration and contribution. This means that while we are pretty confident with the plan for the near future, nothing is set in stone.
We are excited about the vision we have come up with, but want to improve it based on your ideas. Please contact us and tell us about what features and improvements do you see as valuable in your project.
MongooseIM 2.1.x: mobile focus, highly technical (2017Q2)
- Flexible push notifications architecture:
- XEP-0357: Push Notifications NEW
- Amazon AWS SNS (Simple Notification Service) NEW
- Full text search in archive (MAM)
- Experimental pipelining
- Instant Stream Resumption
- Bind 2.0 (experimental)
- Basic one-to-one VoIP (NAT traversal and media relaying with ICE server)
- Contributions to ecosystem
MongooseIM 3.0.x: chatbots and IoT (2017S2)
- Conversational model:
- In-chat forms, for bots and humans: new ProtoXEP, sample implementations on server and clients
- Ephemeral messages?
- Foldable content?
- things provisioning?
- OCF certification?
- SASL 2.0?
- XEP-0376: Pubsub Account Management?
- Contributions? XEP-xxxx: Explicit Message Encryption?
MongooseIM 3.1.x: chatbots and IoT (2018)
- XEP-0156: Discovering Alternative XMPP Connection Methods?
- XEP-0379: Pre-Authenticated Roster Subscription?
- Rich content
MongooseIM platform (2017)
This is not the MongooseIM XMPP/REST messaging server, all these components are part of the MongooseIM platform.
New components: MongoosePush: open source Push notifications server in Elixir MongooseICE: open source ICE/STUN/TURN server in Elixir Mangosta Android: chat and social client, sample app Mangosta iOS: chat and social client, sample app * Mangosta Web? Strophe.js? Stanza.io? React Native?